General Club Rules
Note Junior members are defined as all those under 18 years of age.
- It is a condition of club membership that members taking part in the clubs water-based activities are comprehensive or basic Canoe Wales members. The club can no longer incorporate this to our membership fees.
- The club has a strict behaviour policy in line with those laid out by Canoe Wales and British Canoeing.
- Any incidences of
personal abuse (verbal, written or otherwise),
abuse of club equipment
or inappropriate behaviour
towards any club members or members of the public when on club trips or events will not be tolerated and should be reported to a member of the committee or a coach / leader immediately for investigation by the committee. If an incident is deemed serious enough the membership of those found guilty will be suspended during the investigation and terminated if seemed appropriate on the outcome of any investigation. If the incident i deemed very serious or gives any cause for concern regarding safeguarding then the matter will be reported to Canoe Wales for their guidance.
- Junior members must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult while on club activities. We have a child protection policy from Canoe Wales / British Canoeing.
- A signed letter of consent is required if an adult other than a parent or guardian accompanies a junior member.
- Members must be able to swim 25 metres with or without a buoyancy aid and must be confident around water.
- Members taking part in club events do so at their own risk.
- Members own boats and equipment must be safe and suitable for the activities undertaken, personal equipment not the responsibility of Colwyn Canoe Club.
- Members must ensure that they are experienced enough to cope with the conditions on club activities, if in doubt ask.
- Leaders may refuse to include members on club paddling activities if in the opinion of a coach or leader they lack the necessary skills, experience, clothing or equipment to take part.
- Our paddle trips and coaching sessions are often recorded by club members either by taking photographs or video, often both. These images will often be posted on our Facebook page or in the gallery section of the web site.
If you do NOT wish for any images or recordings of yourself or child to appear please inform Andy Jones, Richard Peevor, any other committee member and/or the person responsible for taking or publishing the images so they can be removed.
In addition to Colwyn Canoe Club policies we fall under the governance of Canoe Wales Policies. Code of Conduct for Coaches.