** All club activity is carried out under appropriate safety measures and risk assessments for Covid-19 **
The pool sessions run at Colwyn Leisure Centre, Eirias Park are for members to practice skills, for novices to learn new skills and gain confidence and for experienced members to practice their coaching skills. In order that the sessions run safely and smoothly please observe the following rules:
- Normal swimming pool and leisure centre rules apply.
- All members must follow the instructions of the person on duty and the decision of the person on duty is final. Members may not enter the pool side without the person on duty present.
- The time any member will get in a canoe will vary depending upon how many attend the pool session. Members are asked to ensure everyone gets a fair turn. Canoes must be given up when asked to do so by the person on duty
- No one is allowed to enter the shallow pool as they cannot by safely supervised by the person on duty.
- The canoeing area is only for those undergoing instruction or practicing skills.
- Canoes may only be entered when they are in the water. Seal launching from the pool side is not allowed as this causes damage to the tiles.
- Members must avoid colliding with the pool sides as this causes damage to the tiles.
- Members must respect those who are either practicing skills or being coached.
- Members should refrain from thoughtless behaviour such as paddling at speed, crashing into other boats, capsizing paddlers without consent etc.
- Juniors aged 8-18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must be either in the pool or on the balcony at all times. If juniors aged over the age of 8 are brought to the pool by someone other than the parent or guardian, a signed letter giving consent to attend the pool session is required from the parent or guardian.
- Juniors under 8 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Juniors aged under 8 must be supervised by an adult in the pool area at all times.
- All members using the pool must be able to swim a minimum of 25 metres with or without a buoyancy aid. If a junior member is considered a weak swimmer by the person on duty, they will be required to wear a buoyancy aid. (At the present time the club cannot not provide a buoyancy aid in these cases but will in the near future).
- Equipment at the leisure centre is for use in the swimming pool and may not be removed for outdoor use.
- These rules have been revised following a request from the leisure centre, the demands of our risk assessment and the increasing numbers of juniors.
NOTE: Junior members are defined as all those under 18 years of age.
By joining Colwyn Canoe Club and/or taking part in the pool sessions you are agreeing to adhere to all the clubs rules, the clubs child protection policy and the pool session rules.